Bordering the Thames in Fulham and set in 42 acres of magnificent grounds, The Hurlingham Club is a green oasis of tradition and international renown and is recognised throughout the world as one of Britain’s greatest private members’ clubs.
The Grounds Team are part of the Estates Department and are made up of 27 professional and highly motivated individuals who pride themselves on the maintenance and upkeep of the prestigious grounds, including over a hectare of trees, flowers, shrubs and ornamental lawns. It is through the efforts of the Grounds team that the Club’s members are rewarded year on year with award winning sports surfaces and stunning season changing flowerbeds.
As the Senior Gardener you will work a 39 hour week (plus regular weekend
overtime). You will work closely with the Head Gardener and the Grounds Manager on a daily basis to lead the team. Typical duties will include:
- Deputising for the Head Gardener and attending meetings when required.
- Allocating duties to the team of Gardeners.
- To place orders and managing budgets.
- To manage the IPM systems and biological controls.
- To ensure all Gardeners are appropriately trained and carry out all duties in line with the Club’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To provide horticultural knowledge and guidance to the team of Gardeners.
- To undertake all horticultural duties to ensure that the Club gardens are maintained and developed to a high standard.
Candidates will embody our Club values; excellence, prudence, integrity, courtesy. Candidates will be passionate and qualified horticulturalists (minimum RHS Level 2, PA1 and PA6 Spraying Qualifications) and able to demonstrate previous experience within a similar environment. Previous experience of supervising teams and managing budgets experience is advantageous. Previous experience of IPM systems and biological controls is required.
Our benefits include 23 days holidays plus Bank Holidays, life assurance, meals on duty, onsite parking, a discretionary annual bonus scheme and an annual performance pay review, along other discretionary benefits.
Please apply by email, enclosing your covering letter and CV to: