Garden Services Team Leader - B821
Our client has an established garden centre as well as offering a full garden service including garden and patio make-overs, regular and once-off maintenance and window box planting.
- Leading and directing a team that provides regular and once-off garden maintenance services to clients of the Company.
- As a Team Leader you will represent the senior member of staff on the work site and the Company expects you to show commitment and respect of the company and to ensure that you abide by the Company’s rules, particularly with regard to Health & Safety.
- Regular maintenance includes all garden services required to maintain a garden throughout all four seasons in a year.
- Ability to implement Garden Maintenance Plans according to schedule, as designed by the Maintenance Manager, against which performance will be measured.
- To manage and implement once-off garden makeover jobs, ensuring the work is prioritised to be achieved during the time allocated.
- Ability to communicate with clients to understand their objectives and to find solutions. To promote the Company with clients in order to try and achieve further work projects with the client for the Company. To promote the garden centre with clients.
- As a Team Leader it is your responsibility to instruct anyone working with you what work must be achieved; to show them how to do the job if they do not have the appropriate experience or skill; to ensure your assistant(s) complete the work according to your and the Company’s standards and if not, to instruct them to redo the job until they have achieved the required standard.
- You should treat all staff working on your site in the same way that you wish to be treated, with the same respect as you receive from the Company. If any member of staff working on your site fails to co-operate with you, it is your duty to report them to your line manager.
- To occasionally work in the garden centre assisting clients with plants and garden centre products, general garden centre duties and deliveries.
- To provide assistance when requested as defined by the Maintenance Managers and/or Directors of the Company.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Good knowledge and ability to use garden tools
- Good plant and pruning knowledge
- Good garden maintenance knowledge
- An understanding of garden irrigation systems
- Good site management
- To provide advice, help and training to the Contract Maintenance Gardener
- A knowledge and passion for plants
- Genuinely hard-working!
- A positive, happy and flexible attitude
- Accept responsibility and the willingness to find solutions
- The ability to work and share in a team environment
- Desire to constantly learn more about your profession and to improve yourself
- Full clean driver’s licence valid in the UK
Hours of Duty: 5 days per week (which may include weekend work)
If this Garden Services Team Leader vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Mark Bolam on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Garden Services Team Leader vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Garden Services Team Leader vacancy will have been unsuccessful.