Grower - 39605
Our Client is internationally recognised supplier of flower and vegetable seeds, young plants, bulbs, fruit bushes and other horticultural products to amateur gardeners.
They are now looking for a professional Grower to join their expanding Team
- Responsible for the propagation and production of young plants
- Propagate from seed, grow on young plants and to produce finished crops.
- Set production schedules
- Maintain plants to an approved standard.
- working within a team and therefore must be able to manage time efficiently & effectively so that all jobs are completed within the given timeframe.
- proven extensive growing and plant knowledge
- personable and a good communicator of staff.
- Organised, self-motivated and have a flexible, can do attitude.
- Working knowledge of emails and spreadsheets will also be required
Hours will be approx.37.5 per week, to be worked flexibly over five of seven days.
Invariably you will be working more hours during the “growing” months but these will be balanced with lieu days in the “quieter” months.
There is a rota for weekend working which is shared with other members of the team.
- Full clean driving licence essential
- A good working knowledge of pests, diseases and other problems will also be required.