The Beaverbrook estate covers nearly 400 acres and is set within the Surrey hills. The gardens cover around 25 acres and are made up of several different areas consisting of an Italianate garden, wildflower meadows, a recently planted orchard, a kitchen and cutting garden as well as large formal and informal planting areas. The role will include a wide range of horticultural tasks- weeding, planting, mowing, mulching plus also helping in some hard and soft landscaping projects where necessary. Hedge cutting, strimming and woodland work are also key to this role, as are the care of our herbaceous borders, shrubs and trees.
The gardens team also manage the extensive woodlands around the estate as well as maintenance of all the formal hedges.
As an enthusiastic, passionate gardener you will be assisting with the delivery of some 5-star gardens. It is essential that applicants are physically fit and able to work outside throughout the year and in all weathers. A full UK driving licence is desirable.
· Level 2 horticultural qualification or higher as well as experience of kitchen gardens, cut flowers, greenhouse and propagation work.
· Spray certificates (PA1/6)Chainsaw license (CS30-31) are desirable but not essential.
· Good communication skills are key, as well as being proactive and cooperative, with the ability to work to deadlines and standards with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about plants and gardening & looking to expand your horticultural knowledge & skills. You must be equally happy working alone or as part of a team.
The role will involve interaction with other employees, members & guests so you will ideally be outgoing & friendly. The garden year is a varied one, you will need a flexible approach to your work & be happy to engage with a diverse range of challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented, experienced and driven gardener to join a fantastic garden project at an exciting stage as we near completion.
In addition to a competitive reward, we are committed to investing heavily in your development and helping you grow a long-term career with Beaverbrook.
Your benefits will include:
Free employee shuttle bus from our local train station Discounted Food and Beverage Earn up to £500 for recommend a friend scheme Monthly recognition programme Cycle to work scheme 20% off with our sister company Social events Across the Estate our team will naturally deliver exceptional customer service to each other and our guests, reflecting our approach to unrivalled hospitality.
Beaverbrook aims to blend the elegant with the informal achieved through the delivery of its excellent and incredibly friendly team.
More searches like this
- Forestry & Woodland Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Part Time jobs in Leatherhead
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Part Time jobs in Leatherhead
- Landscaping Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Part Time jobs in Leatherhead
- Sports & Leisure Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Part Time jobs in Leatherhead