Main Purpose of the Job
Responsibility for the marketing and selling of plants, including delivery, replenishment, maintenance and presentation of plants, ensuring the highest standards are achieved.
To be commercially aware with good problem-solving and organisational skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Your duties will include all aspects general horticulture including:
- Overseeing the maintenance of plants and stock.
- Managing weed/pest/disease control programmes
- Ensuring compliance current legislation.
- Supervising and training staff
- Liaising with the OSA Manager and Horticultural Category Manager regarding stock levels, marketing and selling of plants.
- Ensuring that quality standards are met within set budgets
- Organising/giving presentations and demonstrations
All candidates must be physically fit and capable of working well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Horticultural qualification
Knowledge and Experience
- 2 years’ experience in a horticultural environment.
Experience within a retail industry would be preferred
Customer Service Skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills is essential
- An excellent telephone manner and professional email correspondence is required.
- An ability to effectively communicate with customers, team members at all levels including senior management is essential.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Must be confident, motivated and able to work independently
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated, commercially aware
- Have the ability to create dynamic displays.
- Must have a pleasant, helpful and optimistic attitude and ability to form strong working relationships.
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a valuable team member actively supporting others and having a flexible can-do attitude.
The job description may from time to time be amended by the Company and in addition to the duties set out in it; you may at any time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the reasonable needs of the business.