Commercial Quantity Surveyor - R012
Our Client has been established for over 20 years and have been involved in commercial soft landscaping right across the South East, spanning as far north as Peterborough and as far west as Bristol. They have completed landscape schemes for a wide variety of clients, including company headquarters, new schools and academies, business and retail parks, superstores and industrial estates, as well as involvement in ecologically sensitive areas.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Quantity Surveyor to take responsibility for various commercial soft landscaping projects, throughout the south east.
The role of Commercial QS is key to the company’s future development and success, in delivering successful outcomes to all stakeholders on their (growing) projects portfolio.
The successful person, who will report to the CEO, needs to have a keen commercial acumen and an eye for detail. They need to be able to support projects from pre-contract to final account.
- Liaise with BDMs, estimating team, operations and procurement (in time there may be cause/opportunity to amalgamate lead on procurement into this role)
- Carry out pre and post tender/pricing negotiations to take a bid to contract status
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters
- Prepare and issue contractual letters to clients and/or sub-contractors (including negotiating back to back terms with sub-contractors)
- Carry out post contract liaison with clients
- Ensure best practice in carrying out take offs for material procurement
- Sub-contractor negotiation and letting of sub-contracts
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations, liaising with operational managers
- Management and valuing of variations, liaising with operational managers
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
- Preparation and submission of final account
- Agreement of final accounts
- Cost value reconciliation and ongoing project reporting
- Supply regular analysis and reports as required
- Suggest improvements to procedures and behaviour
- Has an understanding of contractual formation and various (appropriate) methods of measurement (preferably within the landscape construction industry – but not essential)
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a high degree of personal motivation
- Has commercial acumen
- Has the ability to work as part of a team supporting both the operational team and peer group
- Can manage numerous activities across a number of projects simultaneously
- Has an outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with clients
- Is a good negotiator
- Is flexible with regard to working across all areas of the business and hours to meet the requirements of the job.
- Has an enterprising and commercial approach
- Has a planned, systematic approach
- Takes Responsibility
- Has a full driving licence
- Has an ability to add value to the role and the company as a whole.
Degree in quantity surveying/commercial management and/or 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
If this Commercial Quantity Surveyor vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Mark Bolam on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Commercial Quantity Surveyor vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Commercial Quantity Surveyor vacancy will have been unsuccessful.