Assistant Land Management Officer - C089
Our client is a Local Authority who are responsible for the green spaces within and around the town of Cirencester. Parks include a variety of formal and informal sports and recreation facilities and large open lawns. One of the parks has a Green Flag award, which is a sign to the public that the space boasts the highest possible environmental standards, is beautifully maintained, and has excellent visitor facilities. The Park also holds a variety of events throughout the year.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Land Management Officer to join their Estate Services Team.
To provide team leadership for the estates team with hands on support ensuring that work is carried out to specification; making sure that the team follow all requirements relating to record keeping, risk assessments, method statements and health and safety policies, procedures and use of PPE.
To support the Land Management Officer with:
- Day to day supervision and support of the grounds team including responsibility for the facilities and buildings at the Abbey Grounds, St Michael’s Park and Kingshill
- Preparing daily/weekly/seasonal work programmes for the land management services delivered across Cirencester
- Ensuring the efficient and effective completion of the daily/weekly/seasonal work programmes
- Ensuring full compliance with statutory health and safety legislation and the Town Council’s Health and Safety procedures, including aspects relating to personal protective equipment, the safe use of machinery and risk assessments
- Assisting with the annual and six-monthly appraisals for the ground staff; along with identifying team/individual training requirements
- Assisting with the ordering of materials/goods/services
- Ensuring that all equipment and machinery is maintained and serviced regularly
- Assisting with the planning, costing and implementing land related tasks/projects
- Carrying out land management related risk assessments for new tasks/projects, as and when necessary
- Ensuring that all land within the responsibility of the Town Council is regularly inspected, in particular the play equipment and recreation areas
- To provide ‘hands on’ support and supervision to the grounds team across the full range of estates services duties
Candidates will have good horticultural knowledge and practical ability. Essential skills will include:
- Supervision and support of Team Members Sound knowledge of horticultural techniques Use of mowing equipment Basic machinery maintenance Current full UK driving licence Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines Proactive and self-motivated
An NVQ in Amenity Horticulture or similar is highly desirable for this role.
PA1/PA6 and LANTRA/NPTC certificates in any other relevant machinery and equipment use will further strengthen a candidate’s application.
If this Assistant Land Management Officer vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Mark Bolam on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Assistant Land Management Officer vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Assistant Land Management Officer will have been unsuccessful.