Marketing & Sales Manager UK for Forage and Turf Grasses
DSV UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of DSV AG in Germany. DSV is one of Europe’s leading plant breeding companies. Activities are focused on the development and marketing of innovative plant varieties. This involves plant breeding, seed production, marketing, sales and distribution with the emphasis on forage grasses, amenity grasses, oilseed rape and cereals.
DSV has a very successful grass breeding station at Wardington that works in co-operation with its stations in Germany, The Netherlands and France.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Marketing & Sales activities for forage and turf grass at wholesale level in the UK.
• Developing relationships with existing and new seed trade customers.
• Promotional activity to build the DSV brand and market position for forage and turf grasses in the trade and more widely.
• Liaise with Research & Development colleagues to ensure ongoing excellence in product portfolio and advice.
Candidates should have:
• A degree in Agriculture or equivalent qualification.
• A good knowledge of the grass seed market and supply chain; forage and/or turf.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Ability to work as part of an international team and travel within the UK and Europe.
• Ambition to excel in business performance and customer satisfaction.
This is a full time permanent senior position. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their cover letter and up to date CV in strictest confidence.