To contribute to the maintenance of the grounds and horticultural effects of the Royal Hospital and to achieve high standards of work at all times.
The post of Gardener is primarily responsible to the Deputy Grounds Manager.
- Manual work including general maintenance, labouring tasks, site preparation and the clearing of leaves and other debris.
- To undertake skilled horticultural tasks such as pruning, planting and general plant aftercare.
- The use of all types of horticultural machinery including ride-on mowing machines, tractors and pedestrian machines such as leaf blowers, strimmer’s and fine cylinder mowers..
- The use of hand and mechanical spraying equipment.
- To carry out other reasonable horticultural tasks that may become necessary throughout the year.
- To be responsible for own Health and safety and for that of those affected by the post holders act of omissions
- A recognized horticultural qualification to NVQ 2 or equivalent.
- Safe use of compact tractors and trailer certification.
- Safe use of ride on mowing machines certificate.
- Safe use of chemical spraying certificate.
- Relevant horticultural experience essential.
More searches like this
- Associations Gardening Jobs jobs in London (Central)
- Charity & Voluntary Gardening Jobs jobs in London (Central)
- Horticultural Specialist Gardening Jobs jobs in London (Central)
- Countryside, Parks & Open Space Gardening Jobs jobs in London (Central)
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Gardening Jobs jobs in London (Central)