Start date: January 2019
Post type: Full-time, permanent
Hour: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Pay & holiday: £22,000-£24,000 dependent on experience, plus 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
Lord Wandsworth College seeks an enthusiastic and suitably experienced individual for the post of Senior Gardener. The Senior Gardener will assist the team of gardeners and support the Grounds team in maintaining the highest standards of playing, sport and amenity surfaces for the College, ensuring there are safe and consistent quality playing surfaces always available.
This position is suitable for an experienced Gardener looking to progress or a Gardener with some supervisor experience looking for a new challenge.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the assistant gardeners
- Estimating and purchasing of colleges bedding plants
- Garden maintenance tasks such as pruning, trimming, dead heading, and tidying plants, shrubs and trees in accordance with good horticultural practice and garden design requirements
- Occasional help with special events, such as car parking
Qualifications, skill and experience
- Proven experience of gardening work, ideally within a school environment or similar
- Proven knowledge of horticulture and gardening
- Horticultural qualification (desirable)
- Passion, integrity and enthusiasm in day to day tasks
- Ability to work to timescales on tasks
- An ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility and positivity in attitude to work
- Good communication skills
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
Full training is provided.
Closing date: 29th October 2018
Interview date: Monday 5th November 2018
Any questions with regard to the post should be directed to the HR Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator, Rebecca Treadgold, firstname.lastname@example.org 01256 860316.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. Lord Wandsworth College is a registered charity (Number: 1143359) providing outstanding caring education for boys and girls since 1912.