Groundsperson/Greenkeeper - 37166
My Client has a private estate in SW London boasting a number of sports pitches and courts. They are seeking a full time experienced, well-qualified Greenkeeper/ Groundsman required for the stunning 4 acre site working alongside two existing staff (all non-resident).
Perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, versatile, committed, self-motivated, groundsman to continue to develop these exceptionally varied grounds (grass tennis court, volleyball, croquet etc and different lawns at different levels) for the long term.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare and maintain lawns, tennis courts, sports turf and golf greens as well as artificial surfaces
- Working with various types of machinery and equipment
- Undertaking general maintenance of equipment
- Previous experience as a Groundsman/Greenkeeper
- Understanding and performing annual turf maintenance schedule
- A full understanding of field markings
- Knowledge and experience of working with synthetic surfaces
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- A flexible, committed and enthusiastic approach to work
- Must be able to work without supervision and prioritise work load according to fixture lists and weather conditions
Relevant qualification in turf management (NVQ or similar). Spraying certificate is desirable. Full clean drivers licence is essential.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.