Hard Landscape Foreman - 38302
Our Client require a highly experienced and self-motivated person with extensive landscape knowledge who is capable of working on their own initiative and in collaboration with management to create top-end gardens. Although this is a hands-on role, the foreperson will be responsible for supervising team members, as well as agency staff when needed and sub-contractors.
The role involves driving and applicants must therefore have a full, clean driving licence.
- Broad ranging landscape skills
- Specific skills required include:
- Brick work
- Machine use e.g. excavators, dumpers, fork lifts
- Use of laser level for setting out, height measurements etc
- Ability to deal with management, clients and designers professionally and diplomatically
- Ability to instruct other staff clearly and efficiently
- Extensive landscaping record
- Experience in working off plans and specifications
- Proven people management background
- Receiving and planting of larger tree stock
- Crane work and safe lifting
- Good carpentry record, along with some knowledge of rendering and plumbing
- Familiarity with health and safety policies and experience in implementing them
- Driving/parking – particularly in London
- To carry out general landscaping works and to supervise the day-to-day running of the site and its staff
- To liaise with the Contracts Manager regarding daily/weekly scheduling, ordering of materials etc. This will involve regular updates and meetings.
- To set out garden and agree with Contracts Manager prior to work commencing
- To oversee and manage subcontractors
- To carry out all required Health and Safety checks, including Risk Assessments, Competence Forms, Vehicle H&S, Inductions etc
- To keep site diary and monitor staff to ensure correct admin, personnel and H&S procedures are being followed