Trainee Technical Manager
Trainee Technical Manager | Quadring Eaudyke, Lincolnshire
MorePeople are currently working with a 2000-acre fresh produce farm based in Quadring Eaudyke, near Spalding in Lincolnshire as they look to appoint a Trainee Technical Manager. The farm grows a variety of crops including cabbage, broccoli and potatoes for the food manufacturing and food service sectors. As well as the farm, our client also has a large cold store, processing and packing unit on site meaning that you as Trainee Technical Manager will be able to see the product go from field to fork.
This job will be an interesting and diverse one, offering you lots of opportunities to develop your skills across a variety of areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Crop walking with the Technical Manager and Agronomist
- Carrying out crop inspections both in the field and prior to product going into store.
- Assisting in irrigation and agronomic decisions.
- Getting involved and trained up in audits including LEAF, Red Tractor and Field to Fork.
- Being trained on other areas such as HACCP so that you have a greater understanding of food safety.
- Helping out on the farm as needed including carrying out tractor work.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a relevant agricultural/horticultural qualification or background.
- You are happy to work on a commercial working farm and prepared to "muck in" when needed.
- You'll be hard working, willing to learn, committed and keen to develop your skills.
- You will ideally be BASIS qualified.
- The majority of the time you will be required to work six days a week so it is essential that you are able to do this.
- A full driving licence is essential.
To find out more, please contact Edina Bremner on 01780 480 530 or email@example.com for a confidential conversation or apply via the link.