Lecturer - Horticulture FE/HE
£20,950 - £32,241 (dependent upon qualifications)
Lecturer in Horticulture is required to teach theory and practical tasks to students for Work-based Learning at Level 2, Full-time Level 3 and Higher Education (Levels 5 and 6).
Ideally you will have significant experience of working in Horticulture and either hold, or be prepared to attain, a recognised teaching qualification.
Modules may include: Business Management, Plant and Soil Science, Propagation, Investigative Project and many more. These are all subject to change however.
Applicants should have good all round horticultural knowledge and must have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience together with a Level 5 (or above) qualification and preferably substantial industry experience and teaching experience at HE.
Use of machinery and relevant competence qualifications will be an advantage.
We are also looking for a Part-time Technician – Grounds. For more information on this vacancy, please visit the College’s website.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus
Closing Date: 24 September 2018
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider