Arboricultural Surveyor Officer
7 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently recruiting two Arboricultural Surveyor Officers in our Area Operations Service.
The Area Operations service consists of three teams – North, South and Hub. This newly created service and associated teams are responsible for the delivery of all local highway maintenance activity from grass cutting, to pothole filling, to gully emptying, as well as road safety, incident response, management of countryside access, tree management and delivery of minor improvement schemes. The teams are the first point of contact for the community regarding local highway issues and concerns, as well as enabling and supporting communities with their own initiatives and direct delivery.
Arboricultural Survey Officers are the Council’s specialists in all matters relating to monitoring condition of the Council’s tree estate. This includes arboricultural surveying and assessment of OCC highway and property trees across half the County. This post holder is also responsible for ensuring that all relevant county policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
The post will report directly to the Principal Officer Quality Assurance (South or North), but will benefit from a centrally-based professional lead (Principal Officer – Arboriculture) who will provide guidance and support of all other facets of the arboriculture workflows including legal, policy and financial aspects. It will also work closely with Officers (Arboriculture) to design and implement tree survey protocols and programmes to meet the five-year inspection cycle minimum requirement and work towards a three-year target for routine inspections.
Key work areas:
- Organise and undertake the surveying of all trees on the highway and property network (five-year cycle, working toward three).
- To progress the commitment in the Council’s management of Highway and Property trees by keeping the tree inventory up to date and maintaining accurate records of tree surveys through use of Arbortrack software package.
- Lead on driven surveys of the A and B road salting route network on an annual basis.
- Ensure all monitor inspections are kept in date and under review ordering work as required (frequency between 6 months and 3 years depending on condition).
- To achieve and maintain quality standards in accordance with current best practice relating to tree management operations.
- To undertake other duties, commensurate with the post, that may be deemed necessary by line manager or Principal Officer (Arboriculture).
Closing date: 3rd October 2018
Interview date: 11th October 2018