Job title: Gardener
Region: Alrewas in Staffordshire
Directorate: National Memorial Arboretum
Contract: Full time – Permanent
Salary: £20,306.69 per annum
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK's year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site. In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you....
The Arboretum is looking for a gardener who, under the general guidance and direction of the Grounds & Gardens Team Leader, will assist in the maintenance, conservation and development of the gardens, and all other horticultural aspects.
Reporting to the Arboretum Grounds & Gardens Team Leader, the key responsibilities include:
- To assist in the maintenance, conservation and practical management of all areas of the grounds.
- To assist in the supervision of volunteers working on the grounds maintenance.
- To undertake pruning, planting of trees and shrubs, mowing of lawns, hedge cutting and propagation of plants.
- To undertake general garden maintenance, woodland maintenance, fencing and boundary maintenance, maintenance of access features, practical conservation tasks including coppicing, litter clearance and weeding in the garden/Arboretum areas.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work the first Saturday of every month.
How to Apply
Please apply clicking ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for this role is Thursday 20th September 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing 01st October 2018