Rural Estate Manager
Job Title: Rural Estate Manager
Department: Yester Estate Ltd
Responsible to: Estate Owners
Purpose of the Job
The Estate Manager will;
- Ensure all facilities and equipment on site are kept in a fully maintained condition, they meet the needs of the Estate Owners and they conform to all relevant compliancy regulations.
- Take overall responsibility for all Health & Safety matters on the site, ensuring actions are taken and processes and structures are in place to assure the safety of the family, staff and visitors
- Have management responsibility for the Estate staff (including hiring and vetting), Estate events, Estate farm and Estate woodlands
- Continually review the processes the costs of estate management. Recommend and implement improvements to increase quality and reduce costs.
- To act as a link to the local community.
- Oversee, maintain and develop the overall security of the Estate, with a strong emphasis on the safety of Estate owner’s family.
- Estate is 500 acres: 350 acres of woodland, 120 acres of farmland and 30 acres of formal gardens.
- The job holder is responsible for Estate maintenance and upkeep.
- Working with the Estate Owners, you will be tasked with the planning of an annual maintenance action plan and financial budget.
- The job holder is responsible for planning and managing staff resources to ensure the most effective utilisation and value for money. The vetting of staff working on the Estate.
- In procuring any third party resources (labour or materials) the job holder will undertake professional procurement processes to ensure best quality for best value for money
- The job holder will have an overall responsibility for any events or functions taking place on the Estate.
- Security of the Estate and Estate Residents
- The job holder will be the Health & Safety coordinator for all Health & Safety matters across the site.
- The job holder acts as the internal project manager for the Estate farmlands and Estate animals. A particular knowledge of animal procedures, including passports and transportation is required.
- Work with the local council to provide a good relationship with the local community.
- Working closely with the local schools to provide interesting and exciting opportunities on the Estate
· Project Management qualification
· Management/Leadership Qualification
· Experience of management and experience of acting as an internal project manager
· An understanding and experience of providing Estate security
· Proven organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks at times in periods of high pressure
· An understanding of Estate functions and events
· Excellent contractor management skills
· An understanding of environmental and ecological issues
· Farm Management skills including animal husbandry.
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Must be highly organised
· Thrive on working to deadlines
· Team player
· Commitment to achieving high success rates
· Professional and flexible approach
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
· Positive attitude
· Good with children
· Enjoys a challenge
· Have a problem solving approach
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive + House + Work Vehicle
Yester Estate, Gifford, Scotland, EH41 4JF