7 days left
- Contract Type
An experienced gardener is sought for a private house in West Kent. The garden (circa 4 acres) comprises lawns, herbaceous borders, 2 small lakes. There is a new glasshouse and a kitchen garden where produce is grown for the house.
- The responsibilities include:
- Seasonal planting, pruning and weeding
- Propagation of seeds and plants in the green house and cold frames
- Growing fruit and vegetables in the kitchen garden
- Lawn mowing in season, application of fertiliser, scarifying etc where necessary
- Hedge trimming
- Maintaining the appearance of the lakes, including clearing them of weeds and reeds when required
- Help in maintenance of the outdoor swimming pool
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably with a certificate in horticulture, and an excellent knowledge of plants, their identification and propagation. Experience in growing vegetables, management of herbaceous borders and growing plants under glass would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone who is capable of working mainly unsupervised using their own initiative, but able to liaise with the owner, organised, reliable, trustworthy and discreet with good communication skills. Drivers licence and own vehicle preferable. Employer references required and will be followed up.
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience.
Accommodation potentially available in vicinity on estate
Apply for Experienced Gardener
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly