Our Client are on an exciting journey and looking to recruit a Land Manager to join their Property team.
As a Land Manager you will have the opportunity to help evolve our crematoria and natural burial ground and take them on a journey to their full potential.
Day to day you will maintain and develop the landscape and grounds of our 2 crematoriums and natural burial ground, in line with your bespoke long term plans. To achieve these plans you will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, such as Wildlife Trust Partnerships and National Park contacts, taking ownership of those relationships.
• Day to day management responsibility and control of the external areas of the trading sites including a biodiversity plan, all non-building maintenance plans and non-building site development work
• Develop and ensure all appropriate sustainability, environmental and ecological objectives are set and confirmed by the Director of Sustainability & Communications for each site ensuring that these are subsequently delivered
• Undertake Procurement activity in line with processes for specialist contractor appointment e.g. tree surgery, and contracts for maintaining the equipment needed to run the grounds.
• Interact with the Property Design Team to achieve site measured surveys and regularly updated CAD plans for current and additional landscape, burials and memorials provisions
• Facilitate the site’s adverse weather plan in conjunction with Operational Management, taking direct responsibility for agreed aspects of that plan
• Provide land management and landscape design input to the pre -planning stage of any new crematorium or burial site
• Develop a professional network and represent my client at industry gatherings
• Manage capital and revenue budgets for areas of responsibility on all sites, preparing 3 Year Plan and budget requests for the Head of Property’s approval
• Provide support, coaching and direction to operational colleagues to manage serious (e.g. floods, fire, malicious damage) and day to day land management matters
• Assist the Head of Property from time to time in the search for and evaluation of new sites
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• Management of multi acre landed estate grounds
• Understanding of impact of seasons on landscape planning and works
• Creative and proactive approach to maintaining and improving the standard of environmentally sensitive sites
• Practical ground work experience with keen awareness of risk management
• Proven team worker with experience of matrix management/cross functional working
• CAD package reading experience or equivalent
• An ability to manage multiple projects in agreed phases towards a strategic end goal
• A “can do” attitude to task resolution - willing to undertake hands on work to support the teams on site
• Full driving licence and capable of travel between all crematoria and burial sites in with occasional overnight stays.