Full Time Gardener - Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
JOB TITLE: Full Time Gardener
REPORTS TO: Head Gardener
LOCATION: Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre (Enfield)
Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which will include a new world-class stadium opening this year.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre, where the position of Gardener is based. The 77 acre Centre is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation and dynamic mass planting are some of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe. The Training Centre is home to a varied and flourishing range of mixed borders, over 150 new and semi-mature trees, an organic kitchen garden as well as an orchard and the site is still rapidly expanding.
The successful candidate will work within a team of 18 gardeners and two apprentices, helping to ensure the landscape meets the highest possible standard. They will be hard working, enthusiastic and have a strong focus on quality. Our ever evolving range of herbaceous and shrub borders requires a highly skilled gardener, possessing creative flair, with experience in managing, maintaining and developing all aspects of these areas. The gardeners are also responsible for the planting and maintenance of a roof garden at Lilywhite House (the Club’s main offices) next to the Stadium and the new Lodge, with its extensive planting, at the Training Centre.
To assist with the maintenance, management and development of the Club’s Training Centre’s grounds and affiliated sites ensuring impeccable presentation throughout the premises, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
- Maintain and develop all borders and gardens to an excellent standard
- Perform general gardening duties such as planting, pruning including topiary hedge cutting, weed control and mulching, irrigating planted areas, leaf collection and snow clearance
- Have an understanding of pest and disease
- Have experience of operating machinery in a safe and controlled manner
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Proactive, energetic and self-sufficient
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A horticultural qualification is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years experience
- Good knowledge of plants and horticultural techniques.
- PA1 & PA6 spraying certificates (desirable)
- Experience with all types of horticultural machinery
- Have an understanding of current health and safety legislation
For information on how to apply please consult the Careers page on our company website.
Please note that, due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates individually. Candidates successful in securing an interview can expect to hear back within two weeks of the closing date.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.