Team Manager – Highways
| Location: Hillingdon, London | Closing date : 16/09/18 | Sector: Horticulture Specialist, Local Authorities | Seniority: Management | Full time, Permanent | Salary: £28,356 to £30,108
We are looking for an individual with supervisory and or management experience to join our Green Spaces Team.
As the second largest borough in London with over 200 green spaces covering approx 1,800 acres, the London Borough of Hillingdon is highly regarded for its Green Flag status throughout the Borough.
As a Team Manager you will join Hillingdon Council's Green Spaces team, a team of dedicated award winners. You will be working as part of this team to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our residents and other customers.
The position will also offer a wide variety of horticultural tasks including grass cutting, bedding displays, shrub and hedge maintenance, leading and managing a team of up to 20 employees.
About the person
We are looking for individuals with experience in grounds maintance and horticulture. You will also preferrably hold a qualification in either horticulture or conservation or have sufficient experience in a supervisory/managers role.
You will have a pro-active approach to work, be conscientious, flexible, customer focused and enjoy working as part of a team.
A driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel around the borough.
If you have experience in Grounds Maintenance and Horticulture and are looking to further broaden your experience, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Please contact the Horticultural Operations Manager, Robert Cox, if you would like further information regarding this role - email@example.com.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
To discover more and apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date for applications: 16th September 2018.
Harlington Road Depot - UB8 3EU
Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.