£18,245.00 per annum dependant on experience
39 hours per week average (43.75 hours summer/30 hours winter)
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Grounds Maintenance?
Do you enjoy working as part of a high performing team?
If the answer is yes, then we are looking for you!
We are currently looking for a Grounds Operative to join our Grounds Team
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualification in Horticulture (NVQ Level 2, City & Guilds or similar)
- Certificate in handling and dealing with chemicals (NPTC PA1/6)
- Full driving licence
- Extensive experience of using general horticultural machinery
- Experience in the maintenance of open spaces, gardens and play areas
- Good plant knowledge
- Strong Team work skills
- Experience of using IT to record data and access information
- Under the direction of the Team Leader maintain all open spaces to include: Grass cutting, hedge cutting, border maintenance, gritting, leaf clearance, litter picking and clearance as required
- To undertake all duties within the Grounds Team in accordance with our work schedule and ensure all areas are left clean and tidy after work is completed.
- Ensure all requests and enquires from either the customer or other sections of Worthing Homes for grounds maintenance are processed quickly and efficiently
- To work in a tidy and safe manner at all times, complying with all relevant Health & Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
- To operate all vehicles, machinery and equipment in a safe manner
- To keep up to date records as required
- Ensure the depot is clean, tidy and safe at all times
In return we offer:
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4% Employer pension contribution.
- Child care vouchers, private medical insurance
- Limited travel. Approximately 85% of properties are within a 5 mile radius of the Worthing office. The remaining 15% are within a 15 mile radius.
Make us your next move and join an award winning Housing Association. To apply, send your CV and covering letter, maximum 3 pages each to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website for a full job description http://www.worthing-homes.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Closing date 9am 20th August 2018
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.