£25,000 to £28,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Charterhouse is a beautiful school and a wonderful place to live and work. It was founded in 1611 and moved to its present magnificent site near Godalming in Surrey in 1872.
Our stunning grounds cover 250 acres and comprise 135 acres of playing fields including 16 football pitches, 6 hockey pitches, 1 rugby pitch, 1 lacrosse pitch, 9 cricket squares, all-weather cricket nets, 12 hard tennis courts, 12 all-weather tennis courts, 3 all-weather hockey pitch, 1 athletics tartan running track plus field sports areas. There is a 35 acre 9-hole golf course covering 2,576 yards. Ornamental lawns and gardens are present in and around the school buildings, boarding houses and the Old Headmaster’s Garden. There are also 60 acres of woodlands, some of which are Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
We are looking to recruit a Head Gardener to join our successful Grounds Department.
As the Head Gardener you will supervise the gardens team and amenity areas, in line with the maintenance and development plans ensuring high standards are achieved. The post will combine extensive ‘hands-on’ leadership with administrative management responsibilities.
The role is full time and permanent, working all year round. Generally, the responsibilities can be carried out between 7:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, however evening and weekend work will be required, particularly during the summer season, and when the weather impacts on school activities.
The proposed start date for this appointment is September 2018.
Specific Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience of working within the Horticultural profession
- Sound knowledge of plant management including plant propagation
- Proven track record in the preparation of Gardens and Amenity areas
- Good standard of general education, numeracy and literacy
- IT literate (Microsoft Office suite)
- RHS Level 2/Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture or equivalent qualification
- Current clean driving licence.
For any informal queries please telephone Caroline Page, HR Manager, on 01483 291506. For further details and an application form, please visit www.charterhouse.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: Wednesday 1 August 2018.
Charterhouse is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
More searches like this
- Arboriculture & Tree Surgery Technical Jobs Full Time jobs in Godalming
- Charity & Voluntary Technical Jobs Full Time jobs in Godalming
- Horticultural Specialist Technical Jobs Full Time jobs in Godalming
- Countryside, Parks & Open Space Technical Jobs Full Time jobs in Godalming
- Greenkeeping & Turf Care Technical Jobs Full Time jobs in Godalming