Tulchan Estate, a 26,000 acre sporting estate in the heart of Speyside, is looking to recruit a Head Gardener, a newly formed role. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the development of the Estate’s Kitchen Garden and wider Estate gardens
Tulchan is undergoing meaningfulninvestment and 2018 will see the launch of the newly formed Private Members’ Club, Tulchan Club, with the Estate’s sporting opportunities at its heart. Members will enjoy world class facilities in all respects and a key element of this is seasonal produce grown on the Estate. The current kitchen garden requires significant development to ensure it can sustain all guests to the Estate throughout the year.
The successful candidate will manage the existing gardener and take responsibility for successfully delivering a sustainable, commercial kitchen garden and orchard. There will also be a requirement to provide cut flowers for use in the Estate’s two Lodges.
In addition, there is a requirement for the landscaping and maintenance around the two Lodges and Estate Office.
All areas must be maintained to an open garden standard at all times.
- At least five years’ experience in a productive kitchen garden
- Strong horticultural knowledge including propagation
- Landscaping and design abilities
- Skilled in use of garden machinery with qualifications as required
- Ability to create and run work schedule for garden team
- Management experience
- Budget awareness
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of pride in their work
- Personable with a can do attitude
- Salary dependent on experience