We have been tasked to look for an experienced senior grower to work on a small farm producing the highest quality vegetables, fruit and aromatics for a world renowned chef’s multi award winning group of restaurants.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- The ideal candidate should be qualified to at least NVQ level 3 or similar in production horticulture, or have demonstrable knowledge at working at this level.
- Experience of growing of crops for restaurants or similar.
- The ability to sow, plant and harvest crops within given guidelines and time scales.
- Experience in the use of power driven machinery.
- To hold PA1/PA6 spraying certificates.
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal direction.
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations.
- Continues to be productive in changing circumstances.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time.
- Full driving license required.
There are some specific job accountabilities:
- To work in the growing and harvesting of bespoke vegetables and fruit to the highest possible standards.
- To work with the Farm Manager and other farm staff to help drive the farm forward.
- To help maintain safe work practices on the farm.
- The use of powered /non powered pedestrian controlled equipment.
- Help maintain good housekeeping and hygiene in all areas.
- Enthusiastic approach and the ability to learn new skills.
- To relay any issues or tool maintenance needs to a senior member of staff.
- NB: This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some very dedicated people surrounding horticulture and hospitality. Please register online with your full working history and CV.
Apply for Head Grower
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly