Plant Area Department Supervisor - 37710
Plant Area Department Supervisor
Our Client is an award winning plant Nursery. They are now seeking a plant area Supervisor to join the Team.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to join our plant sales and shop team. The role offers good variety with the ability to work in a small team across all areas. You would be expected to work mostly outside, in both nursery production and plant retail sales with some shop and cashier work.
- Nursery production work
- Maintaining plant quality, plant health at a high retail level on both nursery and shop floor
- Maintaining the smart appearance of the sales area
- Stock ordering
- Spraying and treating plants onsite
- Pricing, putting out and merchandising plants on display
- Labelling and watering
- Advising customers on plants and gardening issues
- EPOS stock control
- Some operation of our EPOS till system and taking all forms of payment from customers
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures
- Other duties as part of the day to day running of the plant and shop area
Key Skills required for role:
- Customer service focused
- A knowledge of plants and gardening
- Hold a PA1 and PA6 qualification or be willing to be trained.
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service
- Till trained an advantage but training will be given
- Active and fairly fit
- Industry experience in horticulture or equivalent qualifications.
- Eye for detail