The Shuttleworth Trust are seeking a Ground Person to join their Grounds team in the maintenance and upkeep of the heritage parkland and grounds which surround the multi site visitor attraction. Comprising of 425 acres of parkland, and a live airfield, the grounds team ensure that all areas of the site and wider estate are maintained and presented to a high standard.
- To assist in day to day maintenance of the gardens, grounds, parkland, boundary fences, hedges, ditches, roads and pathways.
- To assist in the construction, establishment and maintenance of lawns, airfield etc. including marking out.
- To assist with maintenance and repair of tools, equipment and machinery necessary for grounds work.
- To carry out constructional work to include fencing, paving and hard-standing areas.
- To apply herbicides, pesticides and fertilisers ensuring COSHH and other Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
- To propagate, establish and maintain trees, shrubs and decorative plants.
- To care and provide maintenance of trees on site to include low level pruning, clearance and replanting.
- To maintain the gardens as instructed, including the flower beds, hanging baskets, tubs and pots, summer and winter bedding plants, wildlife area and mow and strim grass areas.
- To have a knowledge of and adherence with all Health & Safety Regulations.
To carry out other general tasks as may reasonably be requested and directed through the Head of Grounds from time to time.
- Qualifications relevant to the position eg Chainsaw licence, PA1/PA6 spraying certification, JCB/tractor driving certificate
- Good basic mechanical knowledge and the ability to carry out minor repairs to machinery and tools
- Previous grounds maintenance experience in a similar position
- Ability to respond in appropriate manner to requests from members of the public
- Ability to complete tasks to satisfactory conclusions
- A positive attitude, driven, hard-working team player with an exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision and maintain a high quality of work
- Able to recognise potential hazardous situations/materials and respond accordingly
- Good verbal communication skills, literacy and numeracy skills
- Be willing to undertake further training
- Role requires manual lifting and general manual work
- Current valid full driving licence
More searches like this
- Charity & Voluntary Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Biggleswade
- Countryside, Parks & Open Space Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Biggleswade
- Greenkeeping & Turf Care Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Biggleswade
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Biggleswade