Soft Landscaping Garden Assistant
Soft Landscaping Assistant
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Soft Landscaping Garden Assistant to join our well established and dynamic business. Cameron Gardens, based in Notting Hill, is a successful garden design, build and maintenance company established over 20 years ago.
This exciting hands on role, where you will work closely with your Soft Landscaping foreman within a team of two, offers the opportunity to work on some top end gardens both residential and commercial. You will need a love of and enthusiasm for plants and gardens. A good basic knowledge of horticulture and experience within the industry is required; a desire to learn and develop is vital. You will need to be good at communicating and enjoy being part of a close knit team, whilst being able to show initiative.
- Weeding and seasonal pruning and planting.
- Hedge cutting.
- Lawn mowing and border edging.
- Irrigation installation and repair.
- Planting of annuals and bulbs.
- Support the GM foreman to ensure that your gardens reach their full potential.
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Assist in day-today maintenance of yard.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools. Reporting any problems immediately.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Be punctual.
- Look tidy.
- Wear the correct clothing.
You will need:
- Good basic horticultural knowledge.
- To be highly organized and efficient time management.
- A desire to develop and learn.
- A clean drivers license.
Hours of work: 07.30 - 17.00 with 1 hour off during the day.
Salary: £20,000 - £27,000 DoE.
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday per annum.