A full time position has arisen for an assistant gardener at a five acre site near Waterlooville, Hampshire.
The position is live out and our working hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
We are a small team working in a garden in close proximity to the family home, so a hard-working and friendly persona is essential.
This position would suit somebody who is keen to learn and develop their horticultural and plant knowledge whilst being able to contribute a good level of horticultural skills to the garden
About you and the role:
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head Gardener.
Key duties include:
- Pest management, predominantly squirrels and rabbits. The role requires control by shooting meaning air rifle experience is essential.
- Use of machinery - Mowers, rotavators, strimmers etc.
- Weed control - PA1/PA6 would be beneficial.
- Hands - on gardening; The role requires somebody to be physically fit and able to carry out manual labour tasks for long periods of time.
- Household/DIY duties - On occasions, help is also needed in the house with DIY activities.
- The successful applicant will hold a minimum qualification of Horticulture NVQ 2 or equivalent.
- A driving licence and means of getting to site everyday is essential.
- Pension scheme
- 20 days paid annual leave plus public holidays.
All applications should be made with a CV and covering letter below.
Please note, due to high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to everyone.