A full time position has arisen for an assistant gardener at a five acre site near Waterlooville, Hampshire.
The position is live out and our working hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
We are a small team working in a garden in close proximity to the family home, so a hard-working and friendly persona is essential.
This position would suit somebody who is keen to learn and develop their horticultural and plant knowledge whilst being able to contribute a good level of horticultural skills to the garden
About you and the role:
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head Gardener.
Key duties include:
- Pest management, predominantly squirrels and rabbits. The role requires control by shooting meaning air rifle experience is essential.
- Use of machinery - Mowers, rotavators, strimmers etc.
- Weed control - PA1/PA6 would be beneficial.
- Hands - on gardening; The role requires somebody to be physically fit and able to carry out manual labour tasks for long periods of time.
- Household/DIY duties - On occasions, help is also needed in the house with DIY activities.
- The successful applicant will hold a minimum qualification of Horticulture NVQ 2 or equivalent.
- A driving licence and means of getting to site everyday is essential.
- Pension scheme
- 20 days paid annual leave plus public holidays.
All applications should be made with a CV and covering letter below.
Please note, due to high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to everyone.
Apply for Assistant Gardener
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly