We are the UK’s leading grounds maintenance and landscaping company with an ever expanding Arboricutural department and recipient of the Queens Award for Enterprise (Innovation). Our core purpose is to create and maintain external environments that are safe and enjoyable for all. Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field.
To continue our success and growth we have a fabulous opportunity for an Arb Surveyor to join our Arboricultural department on the HS2 project based in North West London. We, in turn, offer fantastic career prospects and an attractive remuneration package.
As part of the Ground Control HS2 Project team, deliver BS5837 arboricultural consultancy & timber valuations for Costain Skanska Joint Venture (CSJV) under the current HS2 Enabling Works - Area South works package. The project team will work to the highest professional standards using the latest technology, innovation and best practice to help facilitate this nationally significant project. In working with CSJV protect team we will seek to support the “No Net loss target of HS2” offering advice and guidance that will avoid unnecessary removals and reduce/mitigate the potential impacts on retained trees along the route.
Through outstanding customer service and exceptional operational delivery you will ensure that all project requirements are met, services are delivered safely, on time and budgeted margins are achieved or exceeded.
- Level 3 qualification in Arboriculture (Minimum)
- Professional Tree Inspector certificated
- Hold a Full & clean UK driving license
- Excellent tree identification skills
- Current knowledge of industry best practice
- Sound written & verbal communication skills
- Effective IT skills including MS Office and survey data collection software with aptitude to learn new technology
- A wider understanding of basic ecology & environmental matters
- Level 4 qualification in Arboriculture
- Level 3 qualification in Forestry
- Member of Arboricultural Association (AA) or Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF)
- Experience of Forestry Mensuration
- Experience of wider industry risk Assessment methodologies (i.e. ‘QTRA’ or ‘THREATS’)
- Aerial Tree Inspections
- Use of Decay Detection tree survey equipment
We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to our ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Innovation and embracing change
- Valuing each other
- Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
- Seeking value in everything we do
- A desire to win
If you are looking for an exciting new role and you share our values, we would love to hear from you!