Trainee Container Supervisor - B567
Are you an experienced nursery grower looking for an opportunity progress your career?
Do you want to work for one of the leading plant suppliers in the UK?
Do you pride yourself on achieving consistently high standards?
You will be working within the container team maintaining the husbandry requirements of the containerised crop whilst assisting with the potting operation as required. This is a hands on role and will involve some time working alone, some supervising a small team and also working as part of a larger team within the potting operation depending on the time of year.
- General growing operations of containerised crops
- Working independently as well as within a team
- The opportunity for further training and career progression
- Supervision of staff as required
- Good plant knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to motivate others
- A positive attitude with an open minded flexible approach
- Normal working hours are 39 per week
- Overtime will be required to fulfil weekend rotas
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
This is a development role and offers the right candidate the opportunity for further training in the following areas:
- Understanding of pest and disease incidence
- Leadership skills
- Plant identification and cultural awareness/ requirements
- Understanding of irrigation equipment and plant requirements
- FEPA sprayer training.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application will have been unsuccessful.