GARDENER: Job summary
Christ's College in Cambridge wishes to recruit a Gardener with some experience looking to develop their career in horticulture. This role is working as part of a small, friendly team of gardeners under the supervision of the Head Gardener, which is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the College’s formal gardens and grounds. The purpose of the job is to carry out each task to the highest possible standard and to contribute to develop excellence in horticulture at the College.
- Lawn care. Cutting and maintaining lawns and grass to a high standard.
- Cutting and training hedges and maintaining shrub borders
- Maintaining herbaceous borders, including digging, staking, pruning and replanting as required
- Carry out some basic arboriculture activities, which may include working from a ladder or a platform
- Greenhouse and nursery practice, including seed sowing, watering, propagation and potting
- Assisting with new landscaping work undertaken by the Garden Department
- Maintenance of paths, edges and garden features
- Assisting with the maintenance of the outdoor swimming pool and the surrounding
- Keeping the Head Gardener informed of equipment breakdowns, malfunctions and progress of assigned tasks
- Work safely and maintaining tools and equipment in the correct and safe manner
- To take part in the College’s appraisal scheme and to undertake training as required
- To observe all Health and Safety, regulatory and security measures and be responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace
- To fully comply with all the College’s policies including equality of opportunity and data protection
- Co-operating with other College Departments as required, maintaining good relationships with other staff, students and visitors
- To undertake any other reasonable request or duties commensurate with your post
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post-holder may be asked to take on different tasks as required and all employees are expected to work collaboratively to support the overall work of the College.
To apply go to the College's vacancy page at https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/vacancies-christs-college, download a job application, complete it and submit with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the post either via e-mail to email@example.com or post to The HR Manager, Christ's College, St Andrews Street, Cambridge CB2 3BU.
The closing date is 12 noon on Monday 26th March 2018 and it is intended to interview during the following week. Christ's College is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Greenkeeping & Turf Care Gardening Jobs Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Gardening Jobs Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Growing Gardening Jobs Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Landscaping Gardening Jobs Full Time jobs in Cambridge
- Universities & Colleges Gardening Jobs Full Time jobs in Cambridge