Operations Manager - 36120
Key responsibilities: To ensure clear, transparent, smooth and profitable running and management of head office and field operations
- Scheduling work, manpower, productivity.
- Managing field operational and head office Managing self and others
- Able to effectively appraise staff and monitor competencies, HR liaison.
- Performance management of system, processes and individuals.
- Coordinating up to 20 /30 multi phased projects with a start/stop nature.
- Operational management experience for field and office support teams
- Excellent grasp of project planning,
- Handovers from estimating through installation and billing.
- Ordering and monitoring stocks/materials and equipment
- Progress chasing internally and externally
- Quality Assurance- right job, in the right time, on budget
- Liaison with colleagues, suppliers, contractors, customers.
- Ordering parts and sourcing as needed
- Scheduling and diary planning, Progress checking.
- Project timings and phasing, sequencing. Customer deposits, part work, completions, invoicing.
- Maintaining and input to database,
- Managing paperwork/Job files, Installation plans, manuals, data.
- Able to monitor and report on budget/actual performance.
- Manage several direct reporting coordination staff
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Support MD on Business and Operational strategy
- Contribute to and operate the Health and Safety policy
- Ideally, someone educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent organizer
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook,
- Clear focus on quality
- A natural forward planner
- Ability to critically assess others’ and own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Committed to Continuous Improvement process.
- Responsibility and Accountable.
You will probably a mminimum of 5 years’ experience in either construction/civils/landscape/ horticulture industries or similar. Ideally in irrigation.