Grounds Maintenance Contract Manager - Hampshire / Berkshire
Are you a dynamic and talented Contract Manager with experience in managing commercial grounds maintenance work?
Due to continued growth we are seeking a committed Contract Manager, to manage a multiple contracts around Portsmouth, M3 corridor and South Coast to and help Ground Control maintain its position at the forefront of the Grounds Maintenance industry in the commercial sector
In return we offer a competitive salary of up to £35,000, semi-annual bonuses, company stock options, company pension and other benefits including a company car, fuel card, laptop, phone and more
Established in 1973, Ground Control is a "can do" entrepreneurial business founded on the core principles of quality and delivering an outstanding service to our customers. We care for one another and we work together as a team to achieve our aims
The Contract Manager is at the heart of Ground Control’s business. We have a team of up to 40 Contract Managers across the United Kingdom, reporting to 5 Regional Operations Managers. The role is divided into two key components: delivering consistent grounds maintenance service and acquiring and managing additional business.
A Contract Manager’s management of his Field Teams and directly employed staff will be a critical success factor to delivering grounds maintenance work on-time to the specified standard. Key responsibilities will be:
- Recruiting and training Field Teams in “Ways of Working” and expected quality standards
- Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams’ work
- Line management and performance management of directly employed staff
- Effectively build and maintain client relationships
- Providing management reports
The second key component of the Contract Manager role is ability to price, sell, and manage landscaping work. These works may either be additional grounds maintenance work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project. In order to sell these works, the Contract Manager will have to develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers:
- Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender
- Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing grounds maintenance sites
Our ideal candidate will be a proven Manager looking to progress in an exciting, forward thinking company.
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
- Two to three year's practical work experience ("on the tools") in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Two to three year's management experience
- Further education, ideally in Horticulture
- Entrepreneurial experience running his/her own business