Trentham Gardens - Job Description
Pay: £16,470 per annum (depending upon experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Holidays: 25 per annum (excluding national bank holidays)
- An integral member of the Garden & Estates Team.
- Overall management from Garden Team Manager.
- Specific supervision from Garden Team Leader / Garden Supervisor
Key Skills / Experience:-
- Practical skills in plant and border maintenance (i.e/ pruning and training, topiary work, lifting and dividing, feeding, irrigating, P & D control, soil management).
- Develop a sound background in machinery usage and equipment use: mowers, strimmers, tractors, knapsack sprayers.
- A thorough understanding and application of current Health and Safety legislation relating to garden maintenance operations.
- An ability to work alone or as a member of a team (i.e to work with other gardeners, students, volunteers and contractors as may be required). Flexible approach.
- A current, clean driving licence.
- An individual who has worked in a ‘similar environment’ preferable but not essential (i.e an historic garden).
- PA1 and PA6 in chemical usage.
- NPTC Tractor Driving.
- Horticultural Qualification to Level 3.
- Efficient maintenance, presentation and development of horticultural features and supporting infrastructure within all areas of the Garden.
- Supporting team activity through flexible working hours to facilitate some maintenance tasks outside of opening hours or at weekends with overtime to meet demands of seasonal activities.
- Plant and equipment use in line with garden policies.
- Supporting the Trentham Garden and Estate Team as required.
- Providing support for Garden events cover as needed which may include working overtime or weekend hours on rota.