Gardener or Grounds Person
An excellent and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Gardener or Grounds Person to join the gardening team responsible for these historic gardens and grounds, surrounding an historically important stately home palace.
Recruita Gardener are delighted to be providing our individually tailored advertising service for this clients vacancy.
Today, the palace, the gardens and the estate are thriving as a major visitor attraction and as a traditional Scottish estate. Under the guidance of an inspirational Head Gardener, the gardeners play an important part in caring for and developing, these historically important gardens.
The gardens, considered to be as splendid and impressive as the stately home itself, are just entering another exciting phase of restoration and preservation, of areas of the estate and gardens, including a large walled garden.
As part of their work, the successful applicant will work alongside volunteers and horticultural students and be involved in projects with the local community and schools taking place in the gardens.
The gardens and grounds have a fine tree collection, pinetum, maze, borders that contain an expanding plant collection and a Kitchen Garden that supplies fresh produce to the catering team.
Applicants should have:
- SVQ2 in Horticulture (or equivalent) as well as practical grounds/horticulture experience.
- PA1 and PA6 for chemical application and a
- Full driving license
Occasional weekend work will be required
The following personal attributes are essential:
- You must be self motivated
- Be passionate about the presentation of the gardens and grounds
- Be a positive communicative team member
- Naturally possess the drive to work to a high level of delivery, including when unsupervised. .
A direct link to the website for the gardens is available through this clients ad on our website, www.recruitagardener.co.uk, together with a full job description.
TO APPLY please either:
- Apply through this website 'Apply Now' option
- See further information including FULL JOB DESCRIPTION on our website www.recruitagardener.co.uk
- Apply direct to the client - full details on our website as above.
If you would like discuss any aspect of your suitability or application please call our office on 01539 751938 and ask for Yvonne.