Grounds Maintenance Operative
Incommunities is a vibrant organisation managing over 21,400 homes for rent and more than 1,000 leasehold properties across the Bradford District. You'll be joining Incommunities at an exciting time as we strive to further develop our teams of skilled professionals in delivering first-rate services to our customers.
Seasonal Hours: 45 hours in summer - 29 hours in winter
- April - October (26 weeks) Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm
- October - March (26 weeks) Monday to Friday on a 4 day basis 8am to 3.45pm
Incommunities ‘Grounds Maintenance & Gardening Teams' aim to deliver a grounds maintenance service based on customer involvement, satisfaction and sustainability. The team believes green open spaces are there to be enjoyed by everyone, should be well designed and maintained to a high standard.
Successful candidates will be required to carry out a variety of grounds maintenance work across Incommunities mainly: grass cutting including the use of strimmers, walk behinds, ride-ons, shrub bed works, hedging, landscaping, site clearance, bulk rubbish & fly tip removal, chemical treatment & application. You will work as part of a team with seasonal staff, trainees, local residents, community groups and voluntary organisations including contractors.
Post holders will be supervised and self supervising, will receive appropriate support, guidance and training.
Post holders may be required to work outside normal working patterns when required (with short notice)
To apply for the position you will need:
- a full valid driving licence is required (employment offers will be subject to applicants passing an Incommunities driver assessment) B + E entitlement would be an advantage
- provide 2 suitable references (to include last employer)
- Experience of grounds maintenance manual work including basic plant knowledge and the use of large walk behind mowing machinery + ride ons would be an advantage
- A general knowledge of health & safety including safe site working practices
- Ability to work with others as part of a team
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Able to work out doors in all weathers, on all ground terrain types
- We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, respectful, sociable, organised, trustworthy and punctual with a good work ethic.
Successful candidates will be expected to follow work programmes work to tight deadlines involving customers and colleagues.
More searches like this
- Garden Centres & Nurseries Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Bradford
- Greenkeeping & Turf Care Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Bradford
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Bradford
- Landscaping Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Full Time jobs in Bradford