Incommunities is a vibrant organisation managing over 21,400 homes for rent and more than 1,000 leasehold properties. You'll be joining Incommunities at an exciting time as we strive to further develop our teams of skilled professionals in delivering first-rate services to our customers.
Incommunities are seeking to recruit 1 experienced arborist climber to work as part of a small team, your duties will primarily be to plan, prioritise and maintain trees across the Bradford district.
At times you may also have to undertake some grounds maintenance works including grass cutting, small landscaping and site clearance. You will have joint responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of fleet vehicles, trailers and machinery, including providing guidance and supervision to full time and seasonal staff, ensuring value for money and customer satisfaction is achieved.
You will be required to act as a mediator between Incommunities, Local Authority, Natural England, Forestry Commission, Traffic Management agencies and Government organisations. You will take part in annual appraisals and performance reviews. You will be required to carry out tree inspection audits and surveys including work programming to ensure safety, performance and efficiency is maintained to the highest of standards.
You should have a proven track record, sound knowledge and understanding of all types of tree works including climbing, aerial rescue and the management of Health & Safety in a hazardous environment.
You should hold a recognised NPTC CS qualification or equivalent and a recognised arboriculture qualification is required.
You should have strong team leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem solving skills as well as being a good role model and mentor including being an effective communicator at all levels. You will be expected to achieve continuous improvement in terms of both efficiency and safety.
Flexibility is a must, as work resulting from storms may require you to vary your hours.
A full driving licence is essential as there will be a requirement for travel in this role.
To apply for the position you will need:
- City & Guilds (level 3), NPTC CS30,31,32,34,35,38.1.2,39,40,41,48
- NPTC Stump grinder and chipper Certification
- Experience in soft landscaping & grounds maintenance, grass cutting works & the use of ride on mowers, PA1 & PA6 desirable
- A full valid driving licence, B + E entitlement would be desirable
- A good knowledge of health & safety and safe site working practices
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work out doors in all weathers and on all ground terrain types