Senior Supervisor - Open Spaces
A vacancy has arisen within the Open Spaces section of our Operations for a Senior Supervisor. Maintaining this area of outstanding natural beauty is a key priority for the Council and this post is one of 3 Senior Supervisors that will manage the day-to-day operations of Operations work. Working within the District as well as the National Park, serving a population of 176,000 people, boosted annually by several million visitors, and with a workforce of approximately 35 employees, the successful candidate will have the drive and ambition to achieve and maintain service priorities and standards.
The main responsibilities will be to take day-to-day operational control of Arboriculture, grounds maintenance operations and pest control, working closely with your supervisors and meeting the needs of the community. The post-holder is also responsible for assisting the service manager with competitive estimates, quotations and work programmes for any internal or external work, with local management of a depot.
What we can offer in return is a great place to work and a great team to work with. At NFDC we believe all our employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the council and that’s why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, where ideas are actively sought and self-development promoted.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Simon Hanney (Open Spaces Officer) on 02380 285588.
- 26 days’ leave plus an additional 5 days for 5 years’ continuous service
- Council Vehicle
- Local Government pension scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Payment of professional or registration fees where these are required
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24-hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees)
For more information and to visit our website, please click apply now.
Closing date: 26th September 2017.
More searches like this
- Arboriculture & Tree Surgery Business Development Jobs Full Time jobs in Lyndhurst
- Countryside, Parks & Open Space Business Development Jobs Full Time jobs in Lyndhurst
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Business Development Jobs Full Time jobs in Lyndhurst
- Local Authorities Business Development Jobs Full Time jobs in Lyndhurst
- Manufacturing & Supplies Business Development Jobs Full Time jobs in Lyndhurst