Greater Manchester TreeStation is a not-for-profit social enterprise involved in arboriculture, landscaping, woodland management, biomass fuels and timber. Our primary aim is the reduction of carbon emissions through the reuse and upcycling of virgin timber arisings. The TreeStation is based in central Manchester, and is an Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor operating throughout the Northwest, undertaking tree work and consultancy for a range of domestic and commercial clients.
A full time vacancy has arisen for the position of Arboricultural Manager and we are looking for the right person to join our team. As a senior manager, the Arboricultural Manager works closely with the Managing Director at a strategic level across other areas of the business. We welcome applications with Arboricultural Consultancy experience.
- Direct tree work operations, both private and commercial, and project manage successful tenders, including budget management.
- Management of several mobile tree work teams, including staff appraisals and identifying training requirements and opportunities for staff development.
- Coordinate contract management by quoting, preparing job sheets and site plans, and scheduling works and projects.
- Ensuring that TreeStation maintains and develops its safety and quality accreditations, including ArbAC, in conjunction with compliance with company policies.
- Oversee H&S strategies through revising COSHH assessments and RA’s, creating method statements, monitoring incidents through incident management and identifying incident trends.
- Keep abreast with and make recommendations regarding policies and procedures and make sure they are up to date with current legislation.
- Research and develop new systems to further increase work efficiencies.
- Liaise with private and commercial clients, local councils, senior stakeholders and the managing director.
The successful applicant must have a dedication to sustainability and environmental concerns, and will also meet the following criterias -
- A level 5 or above qualification in Arboriculture or in a related subject (experience will be taken into account if an applicant doesn’t have the required qualification level).
- At least 5 years industry experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising/managing multiple teams.
- NPTC qualified, with a minimum of 6 arboricultural certificates of competence.
- Tree identification knowledge and an understanding of tree safety and hazards.
- Knowledge of TPO’s and conservation areas.
- Budget and business management skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of project management.
- Excellent customer care and engagement skills.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications.
- Open to developing new streams of revenue.
- Full clean driving license and a willingness to travel.
- Experience in tree consultancy and qualified to the required level.
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualified.
- IPAF operator’s licence, preferably 1b and 3b.
- NRSWA signing lighting guarding supervisor.
- First aid at work with remote emergencies module.
- PTS and/or CSCS card.
- Experience of planning and management of specialised tree work operations, use of cranes in arboriculture, mechanised site clearance/forestry operations and similar.
- Experience of management of emergency out of hours service.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: Based on £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours of work: 38.75 hours per week. Hours can be flexible but should normally be weekdays between 7.30am and 4pm. Occasional evening/weekend working may be required. Appropriate role in emergency out of hours cover will be required.
Holidays: 28 days per annum, including bank holidays pro rata.
The TreeStation is an equal opportunities employer - for further information about the company and what we do go to: www.treestation.co.uk . Please email your CV, Application Form (found on our website: (http://www.treestation.co.uk/about/jobs/) and a Covering Letter to email@example.com . Closing deadline for applications is Wednesday 11th October 2017, with interviews to be held within 10 days of this date, where possible.