Experienced Gardener Required
Experienced Gardener Required
Gascony, South West France
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic full time gardener
The five Hectare property consists well-landscaped grounds and gardens, pool house, swimming pool, large green house, irrigation lake and system, and large range of machinery.
The candidate must be motivated, and have excellent horticultural knowledge coupled with hands on experience.
This is a live in position and accommodation is provided in a separate two-bedroom cottage.
Start Date: ASAP
Full time position for gardener/guardian to look after a 17th century six-bedroom house with five hectare well-landscaped grounds and gardens, pool house, swimming pool, large green house, irrigation system and large range of machinery.
Candidates must have substantial horticultural experience and be able to maintain tractors and gardening equipment, swimming pool and plant room, as well as the house and property.
Part time housekeeping suitable for a spouse or partner is also available.
Accommodation: An attractive two-bedroom cottage (70 m 2) with a kitchen, bathroom, dining room, sitting room, terrace and garden, which is located on the property and provided with services as part of attractive salary package.
No dependants and no pets.
Job Description includes:
- Maintaining and developing the grounds and gardens
- Good knowledge of plants, trees and vegetables essential
- Managing pests, disease and weed control. Should have a PA1 and PA6 in use of pesticide.
- Undertaking all aspects of horticulture, fruit and plant production including preparation and growing
- Planning and carrying out the seeding, transplantation and watering of plants. Managing changes in the green house throughout the year.
- Grass cutting and raking and clearing of leaves.
- Planting new trees, plants and shrubs.
- Driving vehicles, small diggers etc, and trips to airport
- Maintenance and protection of trees, fruit trees, plant pots and baskets.
- Ability to use a wide range of horticultural machinery and powered DIY hand tools. Ensuring that all garden equipment is correctly maintained and serviced. Undertaking at least basic servicing and repair of all garden machinery.
- Maintaining lighting and irrigation system in the garden.
- Giving advice to owners on matters relating to gardening, the house and the property.
- Advising owners on costs of planting and any work to be done, obtaining written quotations and sourcing materials, plants, trees and machinery at competitive prices.
- Supervising the work of any day labourer involved in any projects.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for anyone working in the house or garden.
- Able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Having a keen interest in improving the grounds and gardens.
- Maintaining the house and its services. Organizing works for the house.
- Performing essential administration, including orders, deliveries, records, budgets and accounts
- Current driving licence
- In good shape for hard physical work when necessary.
Please email a covering letter, CV with contact details, and two contactable references to Alex Constantine at email@example.com