As an integral part of the Business Development Team; support both Commercial and Sales Support sub-teams to deliver year-on-year growth and retention in line with our business plan and annual Business Development Team targets. Deliver this through client engagement, robust solution development, commercial pricing and written technical support.
OUTCOMES AGAINST WHICH YOU WILL BE MEASURED:
The success of our business is hinged on developing, converting and retaining good sustainable business across a wide client base over a number of Ground Control service lines. You will focus on developing, pricing and communicating Grounds Maintenance and associated service solutions to new and existing customers within the Business Development Team. Demonstrated by:
- Analysing contract specifications / service level agreements / framework agreements. With your attention to detail and industry knowledge, there will be zero avoidable issues at sign off and zero post sign off issues relating to analysis of the specification.
- Assessing further requirements and profiling operational risks; seeking approval for bid/no-bid. 100% of opportunities to go through the bid/no bid process, with fully comprehensive completion of template to ensure all relevant elements are included and assessed.
- Undertaking site surveys to assess scope and requirements; often with client interactions. You will gather sufficient photos, site plans and supporting documentation relating to the site to ensure issues highlighted. There will be zero unexpected site issues, which could have been captured at survey stage, post sign off.
- Liaising with local and central operational management teams to coordinate large scale site surveys and develop delivery solutions. You will successfully manage in house resources to ensure that all data is captured to the required standard by others, this will be demonstrated by zero issues post sign off. You will receive positive internal colleague feedback.
- Modelling contract deliverables; providing a priced solution for internal sign-off. The document produced will be a comprehensive summary fully explaining assumptions made to support the proposed solution. The document will be fit for sign off, without need for additional information to be sought at this stage.
- Assisting with written operational support, providing insights to assist in the development of technical responses to proposals. You will submit timely, accurate and well written bespoke information to the individual responsible for compiling the final bid. There will be zero issues arising from the information provided.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS THAT YOU WILL NEED TO DELIVER:
First 12 months of employment:
Turnover Growth (contribution to team target)
Sales Conversion Rate
Compliance to clients requirements, demonstrated through technical scoring of…
Business Area Sales, Marketing & Business Development Ref No 273
Proposals Manager – UK Wide Home based ideally North of England
We are the UK’s leading grounds maintenance and landscaping company and recipient of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise (Innovation).
Our core purpose is to create and maintain external environments that are safe and enjoyable for all. Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be.
To help and continue our success and growth we have a fabulous opportunity for a winning Proposals Manager, who loves to triumph. With ownership for developing commercial and technical solutions, aligned to our strategic principles, for prevailing and new clients, through existing relationships and formal tenders. Delivering, as a team, £9m of new business per annum.
Our values are the key to our ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
A desire to win
Delivering outstanding customer service
Innovation and embracing change
Valuing each other
Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
Seeking value in everything we do
The role of a Proposals Manager is vital to our business success. Supporting both Commercial and Sales Support sub-teams, to deliver year-on-year growth and retention, in line with our business plan and annual Business Development Team targets. Deliver this through client engagement, robust solution development, commercial pricing and written technical support. You will be a self-starter that enjoys the flexibility to make things happen. You will be pernickety about detail and delivering on time and thrive under pressure. Autonomy and achievement will be extremely important to you; though you will value recognition for personal success.
You will instinctively know when to utilise the expertise around you to deliver a winning solution and will have confidence in your peers’ to advise technically and commercially.
We are dedicated to our employees achieving their career ambitions and will provide you with extensive on the job technical training along with competency and behavioural learning. You do not need to have prior grounds maintenance experience. An extensive knowledge of our customer market sectors and associated contacts and networks will be advantageous.
If this is you and should you have a desire to join a highly successful and inspirational business, that shares your life values, we absolutely want to hear from you!