An experienced and knowledgeable Gardener is required to join us at Overbury to lead the maintenance and development of the Gardens around Overbury Court, the village tenants and local area. Located on the edge of the Cotswolds, the Court Gardens are made up of formal hedges, pools & waterfalls, formal borders, orchards and wild meadow areas.
Currently a year into a major design upgrade with the oversight of designer, James Alexander-Sinclair, the Court gardens have been open for almost 80 years to visitors by appointment through the National Garden’s Scheme. The successful candidate will be encouraged to generate ideas and lead the implementation of the design with input and guidance from James Alexander-Sinclair and the family.
The role requires you to have excellent glasshouse and kitchen garden knowledge, as well as provide plants for the house year-round.
You should be an experienced gardener, with suitable horticultural qualifications including spraying certificates and COSHH. A full driving licence and relevant spraying qualifications are essential. You must be computer literate and able to work with annual work schedules together with planting records and general admin duties. Chainsaw, JCB and licence to drive powered access would be desirable.
You will be supported by a team of three, who also look after the wider Estate. Your input will be sought to assist with the design of areas around the Estate and tenant’s gardens and to add ideas and support the development of a contracting services arm to the team’s activities.
More searches like this
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Horticultural Specialist jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Countryside, Parks & Open Space jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Garden Centres & Nurseries jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Groundskeeping & Maintenance jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Growing jobs in Tewkesbury