Technical & Growing Director
We are working exclusively with one of the largest players in the soft fruit industry. Our client grows a range of berries across the UK and within Europe, packing and distributing to major premium UK retailers. Their success and business acumen has made them a highly respected supplier, grower and employer within their sector and they now seek an enthusiastic and experienced Technical Director to manage and lead the Technical agenda at board level.
This is a vital role which will require a significant contribution to help successfully deliver the business objectives. You will be expected to proactively drive forward and effectively communicate product and process innovation and quality standards with key retail customers, also ensuring that the state-of-the-art production and packing sites meet strict company policy requirements. You will be a significant member of the Executive team with very strong customer facing ability.
• To take the lead on product and process innovation – particularly wrt. varietal developments & exclusivity.
• To further develop and nurture customer relationships
• To help the commercial team source quality, safe, legal and innovative products
• To understand and exceed customer expectations
The Qualities we want to see
• Strong, natural leader
• Superb communication and strong negotiation skills
• A successful track record of strong retail relationship building
• Minimum five years fresh produce experience
• Excellent people skills – ability to manage a team, with focus on development
• Confident decision maker and problem-solver
• An executive level package awaits the successful candidate along with relocation support.
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Ian Reed on 01284 715055 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference 4499IR