Sessional Lecturer - Horticulture
£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
Sparsholt College Hampshire is seeking a sessional lecturer to teach horticulture to higher education students. Subjects specialisms are;
- Landscape Management
- Horticultural Enterprise and Management.
The initial teaching requirement is 4 hours on a Tuesday but additional hours may become available. We are looking to develop our pool of Sessional Lecturers whom we can call upon.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of working in horticulture and either hold, or be willing to attain, a recognised teaching qualification. Garden design skills would be an advantage.
This position is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 31 October 2016
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Child Care Vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt Campus (subject to availability)
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider