4 days left
- Contract Type
You will be based in a large private garden near Twyford, Berkshire. Reporting to the Head Gardener this full time role will include a range of practical horticultural and maintenance tasks to develop, enhance and maintain the gardens and buildings and to contribute to the delivery of projects. There is a productive walled garden and a key role will be growing vegetables in the heated, LED lit greenhouse and in the vegetable garden. You will also be helping with hard and soft landscaping and general maintenance of the gardens, such as, hedge cutting, pruning, mulching, leaf clearing, mowing and weeding. Maintenance of the tennis court. You’ll support with the planting and maintenance of trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants, as well as caring for glasshouse plants.
The gardens include areas of herbaceous planting, a vegetable garden with greenhouse, formal and informal areas of lawn, together with parkland, woodland and a wild-flower meadow/orchard. There is a water garden plus a trout lake and various ponds.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
· Previous practical gardening/horticulture experience, as well as some knowledge of plants. Particularly with regards to growing vegetables. A horticultural qualification would be advantageous.
· Be familiar with a variety of petrol driven machinery/equipment, its' use and general maintenance requirements.
· Have good interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and be capable of working alone or as part of a team.
· Show willingness and enthusiasm for what you are doing, always remaining proud of your work.
It would be desirable for the candidate to have:
· Knowledge and experience of mowing using pedestrian, ride on and tractor drawn equipment along with carrying out the seasonal lawn care requirements.
· Certificates for hedge-cutting and strimming equipment
· A qualification in spraying PA1 and PA6
· A qualification for Chainsaw cross-cutting and maintenance
It is essential for the candidate to have a driving licence. We would offer ongoing training.
SALARY: Circa £20,000+ depending on experience.
Apply for Gardener
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly