**NEW** Additional Qualified Gardeners for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
A large private estate near Ascot is seeking additional permanent qualified gardeners (with hard landscaping OR arboricultural OR horticultural experience), having recently employed 2 gardeners. Horticultural qualifications, spraying certificates and drivers license essential. CLOSING DATE 31st MARCH, INTERVIEWING NOW.
The gardens comprise more than 30 acres and require a large team in order to raise and maintain standards. There are formal lawns, a lake, meadows, woodland, wall gardens and herbaceous borders which form part of a stunning garden and a special place to work in.
The overall duty is the routine and seasonal garden maintenance to a high standards with attention to detail (and depending on the skills set and experience):
- Maintenance of flower, shrub, kitchen garden, woodland and formal areas,
- Non-specialist propagation and plant production under glass,
- Growing of bedding plants, vegetable and cut flowers
- Seasonal pruning and cutting of trees (arboriculture)
- Repair and construction of paths, drainage, fencing
- Maintenance of water features (including water pumps), paving and gates
- Upkeep of garden machinery like mowers, strimmers, tractors and shredders
- Application of pesticides according to legislation.
The role reports to the Head Gardener.
The requirements are:
- NVQ Level 2 in amenity horticulture or equivalent or higher
- PA1 & 6A Spraying Certificates
- Min. of 2 years professional gardening experience (in landscaping, horticulture or arboriculture)
- A good understanding of health of safety
- Clean full driving license
- Desirable: Chainsaw CS30, CS31, current First Aid cert., PASMA Mobile Towers
We are looking for gardeners who are passionate about their work and have a great eye for detail and an understanding for high standards. The ability to work on their own or as part of a team and be able to follow instructions is essential. Candidates should have good landscape construction OR aboribulture OR horticultural experience.
The work hours are Mon- Fri from 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter), (30min for breakfast, 30min for lunch). The 1 ½ hours extra daily are taken in lieu during bad weather conditions and over Christmas/New Year. A room for breaks is provided as well as uniforms, shoes, lockers, a changing room and a shower. Some weekend work may be required when the Owners are visiting. Accommodation may be provide temporarily until permanent lodgings are found. To start as soon as possible.
Salary: EXCELLENT salary depending on experience, 20 days holidays (2 weeks over Christmas/ New Year get covered through overtime). CLOSING DATE 31st MARCH 2017.
To apply please send a short cover letter outlining your experience and your CV OR call 0207 193 8421 for more information.
Apply for **NEW** Additional Qualified Gardeners for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Arboriculture & Tree Surgery jobs in Ascot
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Horticultural Specialist jobs in Ascot
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Countryside, Parks & Open Space jobs in Ascot
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Groundskeeping & Maintenance jobs in Ascot
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Landscaping jobs in Ascot