The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of multiple landscape construction projects across the Midlands. This will include management and coordination of all resources including plant, machinery, materials and labour to ensure that the schemes are delivered safely, to budget and in accordance with the client’s specification.
Our current requirement specifically is within the Highways industry therefore it would be advantageous to have experience working in this environment – day and night. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in planning, coordinating, problem solving and being able to deliver multiple schemes. Highways experience is not essential, however the successful candidate will have experience in landscaping/ vegetation management/ clearance.
Duties will include:
- Management and delivery of multiple high quality landscape projects
- Support the Construction Manager with programme production
- Completion of projects on time and to the agreed standards
- Management of resources, including Sub Contractors and Direct Labour
- Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health and Safety, and client standards.
- Day to day co-ordination and supervision of direct labour and sub-contractors
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
- Undertake safety and quality inspections and audits
- Client communication and relationship building
- Supporting the Construction Manager with pricing new works
- Supporting the Commercial Manager with the production of applications
- Completing site inspections and maintaining site records
- Identify and act on business development opportunities and drive additional works
- Previous Highways experience, preferably having direct experience with Highways Agency/England,is desirable but not essential.
- A minimum of 3 years (or equivalent) supervisory experience
- Experience in landscaping, forestry or vegetation management is essential
- CSCS (required), SSSTS (desirable), SMSTS (desirable)
- Traffic Management experience and/or qualification (desirable)
- Full driving licence (essential)
Be dedicated, flexible and hard-working with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Possess sound written and numeracy skills
- Possess basic IT skills , email, word, excel and photo management would be advantageous
This list not exhaustive and duties may vary over time.