Trained Assistant Greenkeeper for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
- Contract Type
We are seeking an experienced and trained Assistant Greenkeeper for a large beautiful private estate near Ascot, Berkshire to work full-time, Mon – Fri, 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter with time in lieu), live-out, to start as soon as possible.
The estate comprises of more than 30 acres and includes formal lawns, lakeside gardens, a maze, formal parkland, summer meadows, woodland, a walled garden and general grassed areas.
The Assistant Greenkeeper is a new additional role that reports to the Greenkeeper and Head Gardener and has the duty to assist in the care and upkeep all lawns and grassed areas to high standards, which includes mowing, scarifying, aerating, seeding, re-turfing, weeding, spraying, edging, feeding and watering the lawns. Experience of irrigation systems is an advantage. Overall responsibility of the team lies with the House Manager.
The requirements are:
- NVQ Level 1/2 (ideally level 3) in Sports Turf Management or equivalent
- PA1, 2 & 6 Spraying Certificates
- Valid drivers’ license
Candidates should have:
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
- The ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Experience of use/ maintenance of ride-on, cylinder/ rotary mowers
- The ability to follow instructions well
- Good knowledge of machinery/ horticulture an advantage
- Flexibility to work elsewhere in the garden, if required
The work hours are Mon- Fri from 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter), (30min for breakfast, 30min for lunch). The 1 ½ hours extra daily are taken in lieu during bad weather conditions, over Christmas/ New Year and when appropriate. A room for breaks is provided as well as uniforms, shoes, lockers, a changing room and a shower. Some weekend work may be required when the Owners are visiting. Training for further development is provided.
We are looking for candidate who have at least 3 years experience in greenkeeping, gained either at a golf course or working for public or private parks.
Competitive salary depending on experience, 20 days holidays + 2 weeks over Christmas/ New Year get covered through overtime, To start as soon as possible.
To apply please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your experience or call 0207 193 8421 for an initial conversation.
Apply for Trained Assistant Greenkeeper for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Gardening Jobs Horticultural Specialist jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Gardening Jobs Countryside, Parks & Open Space jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Gardening Jobs Greenkeeping & Turf Care jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Gardening Jobs Groundskeeping & Maintenance jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Gardening Jobs Sports & Leisure jobs in Surrey