The Embassy of the United States of America, London, is in search of three Horticulturists/Gardeners who will hold responsibility for the care and maintenance of the grounds and landscapes at the New London Embassy, along with other residential properties in the London area.
Duties will include:
- cutting grass using driven and hand powered equipment to heights that are correct for the conditions of the season;
- irrigating turf areas, beds, borders and ornamental plantings as prevailing conditions dictate, including fertilizing and spraying as needed;
- trimming and pruning trees, shrubs, and hedges in accordance with seasonal requirements, taking into account sight lines, angles, and design requirements;
- caring for flowers and seasonal plantings to the acceptable horticultural standards, to include planters, beds, borders, forking over, mulching, weeding dead heading, and assisting in the production of cut flowers;
- assisting in the installation and removal of seasonal decorations;
- cleaning the Embassy property grounds to include the pond;
- monitoring and stocking fertilizers, pesticides, soil compost and other supplies;
- establishing safety procedures and assisting the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer in safe practices with pesticides and chemicals used for horticultural purposes;
- assisting in seasonal duties such as set up of special events.
Interested? Then apply now!
More jobs like this
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Horticultural Specialist jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Countryside, Parks & Open Space jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Greenkeeping & Turf Care jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Groundskeeping & Maintenance jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Garden and Landscape Design Jobs Growing jobs in London (Central)